The Landlady greeting the Hidamari Residents during Stormy Drying Agent.
|Anime Debut||Stormy Drying Agent|
|Voice Actor||Misato Fukuen|
The Landlady (大家さん Ōya-san) of the Hidamari Apartments is a secondary character in the Hidamari universe who makes occasional visits to the apartment complex, as well as being seen in odd-jobs. She owns the building but evidently does not derive enough income from it to fully support herself (especially when not all the units are occupied).
Her hair and eye colors are a natural brown, and she seems to be a young adult, given by her lifestyle she leads. The Landlady is apparently the tallest character in the Hidamari Sketch universe.
The Landlady is known to have to participate in additional jobs to support herself.
List of the Landlady's Known Part-Time JobsEdit
- Apartment Listings Photographer
- Pizza Delivery
- MogMog Waitress
The Landlady believes she is doing a great service to her tenants by renting to Yamabuki students who could not attend the school otherwise. She is mostly a caring and fair landlord: She socializes with her tenants, she occasionally give them gifts such as watermelons, tomato plants, and soba; and she even allows Miyako to pay cheaper rent because she didn't have the funds to repair Room 202's leaky roof.
At the same time, she is always hoping that her tenants will bring her back souvenirs from their hometowns whenever they go visit their families over the summer. When Sae and Hiro prepared to graduate, she invited them to join a "mutual assistance" society for former tenants called the Sunflowers of Hidamari Apartments. Whenever she does visit the apartments, she has no sense of formality (i.e: Goofing off during a game and getting into Nazuna's personal space) and does whatever pleases her if she decides to stay for an extended time (i.e: Taking naps in Sae's room).
- She is well-known for smoking, along with a fondness for beer and grilled meat.
- She is apparently skilled at riichi mahjong.
- She shares the same voice actress with Mami.
- Her own house is a 20 minute walk from Hidamari Apartments. It has a large Japanese-style living space with a porch. Her closets are cluttered with memorabilia from her youth.
- When she was in high school, she never imagined that she would become a landlady, having once wrote "stewardess" as her career goal in a school yearbook. How she came into possession of the Hidamari Apartments at such a young age remains an unexplained mystery.