Manga Time Kirara Carat (まんがタイムきららキャラット), commonly shortened to Kirara Carat, is a monthly 4koma manga magazine published by Houbunsha in which the Hidamari Sketch manga is serialized. It is part of the Kirara family of magazines, among which are Manga Time Kirara, Manga Time Kirara Forward, and Manga Time Kirara Max. Kirara Carat is released on the 28th of each month, or occasionally the 27th if the 28th falls on a national holiday. The price per issue is 333 yen excluding tax, although sometimes higher for issues that enclose bonus goodies.
For reference, cover dates are two months ahead of the actual release date (ex. "March 2011" indicates the issue was released on January 28th, 2011).
Kirara Carat launched in January 2003 as an irregularly published special edition magazine that was released on the 24th every few months. Upon becoming an independent magazine in September 2005, its release date changed to the 28th of each month.
Notable series Edit
- Hidamari Sketch (April 2004 – present)
- GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class (November 2005 – present) Note: began publication in Comic Gyutto!, then switched.
- K-ON! (April 2008 – October 2009, June 2011 – August 2012) Note: published simultaneously in Manga Time Kirara
- Harumination (February 2008 – present)
- Kill Me Baby (July 2008 – present)
- A-Channel (December 2008 – present)
- Gokicha (March 2011 – present)
- New Game! (March 2013 – present)
Notable issues Edit
- March 2003: First issue published as a special edition of Manga Home, another Houbunsha manga magazine.
- April 2004: First chapter of Hidamari Sketch published in special edition vol. 4.
- November 2005: Issue No. 1 published as Kirara Carat's first issue as an independent magazine.
- December 2012: Set of two Hidamari Sketch clear files enclosed as a bonus.
- January 2012: Pen depicting Yuno and Nyanta enclosed as a bonus.
- February 2012: Sheet of six plastic Hidamari Sketch bookmarks, one of each Hidamari Apartments resident, enclosed as a bonus.
- February 2014: Issue No. 100 published, special notebook enclosed as a bonus.